Captain’s Kids Nursery Ages 0-2
Sunday 9:45 AM
The Captain’s Kids is our Nursery here in the Lil Cove at the Wapak Church. Our loving nursery dream team and staff look forward to caring for your little ones. We provide a safe, loving and enjoyable environment for your infants & toddlers, while you are in service or participating in other Ministries.
- The Lil Cove Nursery will open 15 minutes prior to service.
- Please be sure to feed your child prior to checking in.
- Be sure your child comes in with a clean diaper and fresh clothes.
- Be sure to pack pacifiers and pacifier clips.
- Label all cups, bags, and personal belongings.
- Be sure to check your child in at the Nursery Desk. You will be issued a security tag matching your child’s id tag. You will need your security tag to pick up your child.
- No strollers are permitted into the Lil Cove. They may be folded and placed under the counter on the wall.
- Children and scheduled nursery staff are the only ones permitted beyond the Nursery door. All of our nursery caregivers are background checked and are cleared to be in the Nursery.
- Please keep your cell phone close by, on silent, and check it often. We will use this to contact you in the event you are needed.
- Separation anxiety is common at this age and children who are left, may tend to cry, but are often easily distracted within a few minutes. If your child continues to cry and our efforts to comfort them fail beyond 10 minutes, we may send you a message. In this event, parents are welcome to use the parent room located just across the Nursery.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE CHURCH GROUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHEN YOUR CHILD IS IN OUR CARE.
Thank you for your cooperation and for the privilege of ministering to your children. Our guidelines and policies are meant to make the Lil Cove Nursery as healthy and safe as possible for everyone.
Please help keep our Nursery a safe place. A child with any of the following will not be permitted into the Lil Cove Nursery:
- Runny nose with colored discharge
- Colored discharge from eyes
- Inflamed mouth or throat
- Coughing / sneezing
- Chest congestion / labored breathing
- Diarrhea/ vomiting within last 24 hours
- Fever- listlessness/ unusual fatigue or irritability/ excessive crying
- Open sores
- Contagious diseases such as chicken pox/ pink eye and so forth
If your child is taking antibiotics, they should have received treatment for at least 48 hours before coming to church, even if symptoms are no longer present.
Our Nursery policy prohibits any volunteer or staff to administer any type of medication.
We encourage anyone with a heart for children as well as parents of infants and toddlers to serve in the Nursery.
The Lil Cove Nursery offers the opportunity to impact both the children in your care and their families. Our volunteers are the first smiley faces that parents and children see. As a volunteer you will get to provide a safe and loving environment.
If you are interested in serving, just ask for the Nursery Leader. All volunteers will need to complete an application, and be background checked.
First Mates Ages 2-3
Sunday’s 9:45 AM
First Mates is a class designed just for 2-3 year olds. They will learn Bible stories and build their foundation of faith through creative teaching and play.
Little Explorers Ages 4 – K
Sunday 9:45 AM
The Little Explorers is designed for kids ages 4 through K. They are taught biblical truths through God’s Word. They use creative play, puppets, songs, coloring, and crafts to help children build a foundation of faith.
Path Finders Grades 1st -2nd
Path Finders is designed for kids in 1st grade through 2nd grade. They are taught biblical truths through God’s Word. The leaders of Path Finders use Bible lessons, puppets, songs and dramatic illustration. The children have a time of free play, praise and worship, Bible teaching, and prayer time.
Navigators Grades 3rd-6th
Navigators is designed for kids in 3rd- 6th grade. They are taught biblical truths through God’s Word. The leaders of Navigators use Bible lessons, songs and dramatic illustration, along with life application teaching. The children have a time of free play, praise and worship, Bible teaching and prayer time.
Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge (BGMC) is the missions program for children through the Assemblies of God. BGMC goes to where the need is the greatest, where the timing is the most urgent, and where people’s lives can be changed forever. Missionaries can use BGMC funds for any ministry supplies that relate to evangelism and discipleship. Special target projects are also supported through BGMC. We challenge kids to bring in their Buddy Barrel (bank) each month to help support our missionaries.